There are some growing trends in armor plates that unfortunately expose issues we have in society itself. The growing daily threat to law enforcement has increased and changed how we look at personal ballistic protection.
- This culture change has driven several trends:
- Manufacturers have risen to the task with lighter, more efficient equipment.
- Officers are more likely to have rifle plates in their car than any other moment in history.
- Manufacturers have begun to produce “in conjunction with” (ICW) armor in order to save bulk and weight.
- Independent testing, rather than submitting products for NIJ certification, has become more common.